Use HydroSnake when flood prevention and direction of excess water is needed.
The HydroSnake has the ability to absorb up to 20 litres of water or sewage and thereafter hold back further excess.
Before use the HydroSnake weighs less than half a kilo. On contact with the water the super absorbent polymer crystallises and expands to hold up to 40 times its own weight.
HydroSnakes are an essential accessory for plumbers or wherever there is danger of flooding. They will retain their bulk for up to 3 months and are Eco-friendly – to dispose of used Hydrosnakes, simply slit the pads and release the contents into the earth or sewage.
Besides the terrible damage floodwater does to a household, the flood-water itself can be a source of contamination because of sewage and associated bacterial infection. Traditional sandbags become soaked with this bacteria, adding more disposal problems. Hydrosnakes can be pre-soaked with clean water, and when full, the polymer crystalises, creating an effective barrier which neither absorbs or releases flood water. When the foods eventually subside, simply slit the pockets on the Snake, and the contents can be released into the garden, as it doesn’t retain floodwater and is completely harmless to the environment.
Advantages of Hydrosnake
|Inflation Time||2-3 minutes|
|Weight After||15-20 Kilos|
|Outer Fabric||Non woven, polypropylene, Hydrophilic finish|
|Internal Pads||Pads x 9 per sack, super absorbent polymer (SAP) Pulp Non toxic, ECO friendly|
|Flood Water Depth||5cm of water per snake|
|Flood water Length||140cm per snake|
1. Remove a HydroSnake® from the packaging
2. a, For preparation prior to a flood, simply soak the HydroSnake® in water for 2-3 minutes, or alternatively spray a hose over the HydroSnake® until saturated.
2. b, To use for absorbency, place the HydroSnake® in the desired area where there is excess fluid.
3. Once expanded, place the HydroSnake® in the required location to prevent excess water flow
4. The HydroSnake® should be laid in an overlapping pattern like rows of bricks, Each layer should overlap the layer below by half. The HydroSnake® retains sufficient flexibility to follow the contours of any terrain.
5. The HydroSnake® is environmentally friendly, so it can be disposed of by landfill or incineration. Alternatively, the outer fabric can be slit open, and the degradable contents poured into the ground.
© 2015 The Flood Defence & Recovery Company